The South African Judicial Education Institute (SAJEI) Council has approved 2015/16 workshops for the Judicial officers. The training is conducted by experienced senior Judicial officers as well as experts where necessary.
District Magistrates are requested to check the 2015/16 Training program and submit signed RSVPs to the Head of office who will then forward to the respective SAJEI Coordinators 21 days before the scheduled workshop. Please note that no late RSVPs will be accepted.
District Court Magistrate Training Programme 2015-2016
District Court Magistrates Training Programme
A. CENTRALISED TRAINING
- Costs and Review of Taxation
- Judgment Writing workshop
- Train-the-Trainer on Cyber Crime and Electronic Evidence
- Conference on Environmental issues
- Conference on Cyber Crime & Electronic Evidence
- Seminar for Magistrates presiding in Family Courts
- Judicial Management Seminar
District Court Magistrates Training Objectives
1. Cost and Review of Taxation
- To equip Magistrates with the skill to make cost awards, to review the taxation of bills of cost and understand the rules, principles and procedures.
- To improve the practical applications of the law of costs and the review of the taxation of bills of costs.
- To enhance the current performance of Magistrates by updating then with the latest developments in the law relating to costs and taxation.